Interested in taking your running to the next level? Looking for some expert guidance and support? =PR= Training Programs, LLC, is focused solely on coaching. Through this subsidiary business, we offer training programs for every runner -- from novice to elite athlete.
We have a proven track record of providing the appropriate mix of training guidance, race preparation, motivation and encouragement to help athletes of all levels develop. We believe a disciplined program enables a runner to make measureable improvements -- regardless of his/her age, talent, experience, or initial fitness level.
Depending on your background and goals, you can select the training program (and program meeting time) that is best for you. We offer Group-based programs like our popular Running 101 Program and Distance Training Program (all participants follow similar basic schedule focused toward a common goal), and Individualized programs (tailored to a runner's specific background and goals, which may be unique and vary dramatically.)
Training program participants will find a supportive atmosphere, great coaching, special accomodations at =PR= races and events, and more!
To learn more, visit the =PR= Training Programs website.
- Running 101 & Running 201: In 2014, Running 101 will be offered in the evenings (from 6:30-7:30 PM) at multiple locations, pending demand. In 2013, 101 and/or 201 Evening Programs were offered in Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, DC, Fairfax, Reston, and Rockville. We expect 2014 to be similar, with possible Leesburg training added. Registraton for Spring sessions will be posted soon!
- Individualized Training Programs: Individualized Training Programs through the Arlington-based PR Running Club or Online Training can start any time -- choose your event, select your goal, and contact us! Get ready for your spring race goals. Having a coach to "answer to" can help you stay focused and make steady improvement. These programs can start any time.
- Winter/Spring Distance Training Program: Come prepare for your spring marathon or half marathon with us, or join us for some great speedwork and attend the longer weekend runs when you can if you're looking for some structure but don't have a spring race goal! Note the new options for 1/2 Marathon Training with two session start times to prep for your early or late spring races! Training sites around the DC area. The program provides everything you could need for a great race experience and is designed for both for new and experienced runners with training plans structured based on your race experience and goals! Registration is now open!
- Winter Begin/Build/Base Program: Are you newer to running and want to build some endurance? Are you getting started and looking for some structure in your training? Do you need accountability (to a coach or training friends) to get you out the door on those winter days? Thinking about a fall marathon or longer race and want to get started on getting that running base? The new Winter Begin/Base/Build program is for you! The Winter Begin/Base/Build program weekend session will focus on getting you started and/or improving your endurance. This program is appropriate for new runners and past Running 101 participants. The program is available in ARLINGTON, ASHBURN, DC, RESTON, and ROCKVILLE on either Saturday or Sunday morning depending on location. * Burke is also available, but will follow a slightly different meeting structure.
- Youth Track Program: Registration for 2014 Youth Track Program sessions will be posted soon!
- Triathlon 101: PR's newest training program, Triathlong 101 is focused on the novice triathlete and is ideal designed to prepare you for your first triathlon. The typical participant will be new to the sport, though the program is appropriate for those who may have “completed” a triathlon in the past and are looking for guidance on how to improve the experience – while focused on the novice, Triathlon 101 is open to all abilities and the coaching staff will be able to provide more advanced training options upon request. More experienced triathletes seeking a group support network and training partners are also encouraged to participate. Locations include Arlington, Sterling and Maryland.
Triathlon 101 Sessions start in regular intervals and are preceded by formal kickoff meetings, after which participants are invited to participate in any/all weekday training sessions for the subsequent eight-weeks, as well as weekday and weekend clinics. Coaches will also offer additional training opportunities on both weekdays and weekends – sites and times for weekend training and clinics will vary. There are several kickoff opportunities and you can attend ANY kickoff -- they kickoffs get your training jump started with a LOT of useful information on triathlon. Please contact us for details on next available sessions!