May 22, 2020
I find it hard to believe that it has been 8 weeks since I first reached out to you, our awesome Potomac River Running community, about the uncertain future and the anxieties associated with the coronavirus pandemic. At that time, none of us knew how things would play out given the volume of new information that we were learning each day. Just like many of you, we were nervous for what the future would hold for the health of our families and businesses. It is in my nature to be an optimist, but it was a ‘trying time’ for me to stay positive.
As everyone can see on the news and around our neighborhood, small business owners have been greatly affected and we are no different. I can assure you, Cathy and I have had our share of sleepless nights and panic attacks. However, as we approach June, I am optimistic that we will be in a position to help our community take steps toward a return to normalcy as the pandemic restrictions begin to loosen. Therefore, I wanted to take a minute to thank those of you who have supported us during this stressful period.
First, all of you who are customers in out stores, members of our training programs, and participants in our races, thank you for the outpouring of support and encouragement. The emails, social media posts, and even shouts from across the street showing genuine concern for us has been heartwarming. Many of you have found our online store and other low-touch ways we can serve you. Your choice to shop with us has been more helpful than you can imagine. We come to work each day to help our community stay happy, healthy, and active, so thank you again for being there for us over the past 8 or so weeks.
Next, thanks to my Potomac River Running Store family for being understanding as we worked through this unpredictable storm. We as owners had to make some gut-wrenching decisions that affected you and your livelihood for the long term viability of the business and you have been very understanding and willing to roll with the uncertainty. Your resilience has made us proud.
Last, but certainly not least, thanks to all the first responders and frontline workers who have been working so hard to shepherd us toward the light at the end of the tunnel. We appreciate you more than we can convey in words or social media posts and we look forward to thanking you in person in one of our stores or at a race in the hopefully not too distant future.
So many of you have chosen to find a silver lining and focus on self improvement through physical activity. It is my hope that you have developed some new healthy habits. Please know that Potomac River Running will be there for you to help find the right equipment to enjoy your new activities to the fullest. To conclude, it is my hope that we can all continue to look forward with a positive outlook and cross our fingers that our sacrifices will result in a return to normalcy sooner than later.
Continue to stay safe and we look forward to being with you again soon.
Potomac River Running’s COVID-19 Response
At Potomac River Running we are committed to doing our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our customers and staff is our first priority. That being said, here is what we are practicing at all locations.
Phase 3 In-Store Updates – (All Northern Virginia Stores)
- Masks will be worn by all staff
- Customers are expected to wear masks based on government mandate
Cleaning and Sanitizing Practices
- Cleaning and sanitizing high touch surfaces. Surfaces such as door knobs, checkout counters, surfaces, keyboards, tables and chairs, phones and tablets, treadmill etc.
- Surfaces will be sanitized after each use.
- Using disposable gloves for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Restrooms and fitting rooms will temporarily be closed.
Fulfillment Options for Customers
- In-Store Shopping. We are taking the proper measures to keep our stores clean and sanitized. We’ve also reduced store hours to allow even more time for staff to clean. For in-store shoe fittings, walk-ins are welcome of feel free to sign up for an appointment ahead of time. | See Reduced Hours | Schedule an In-Store Shoe Fitting
- Curbside Pickup. We now offer curbside pickup. Call ahead with your order and let us know when you plan to arrive so we can have your order ready | Call Ahead
- Online Shopping. Our online store is open 24/7. Shop from the comfort of your home. Enjoy free shipping on orders that are $35 or more | Online Store
- At-Home Virtual Shoe Fitting. Interested in getting fit for a shoe in the comfort of your own home? Schedule a Zoom or phone appointment and get the same great service you would in-store. | Get Started