=PR= owners and many of our staff competed in Track & Field and Cross Country throughout high school. We are excited to support the great tradition of Cross Country and Track in the DC and Northern Virginia areas. Some of our initiatives include:
- Our HS Team Voucher Fundraiser program offers teams the opportunity to receive $5/pair of shoes purchased during the early season for Cross Country, Indoor, and Outdoor Track. We make this contribution for EVERY voucher received – not just the athletes, but anyone can purchase their shoes at =PR= and give the voucher to their local team – motivated teams which get their parents, boosters, and greater school community involved can raise hundreds of dollars each season.
- High School athletes receive a 15% discount* on all in-store purchases. Family members don’t receive this discount, but still can save at Potomac River Running through our =PR= Runners Points (make a link to Runners Points section) program, which enables them to earn a $25 credit for every $250 they spend on regular priced items. The Voucher Fundraiser Program is in addition to this discount during Voucher periods.
* Discount on in-store purchases only. Not valid on certain key styles from Adidas, ASICS, Brooks, HOKA, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike and Saucony.
- Every year, Potomac River Running sponsors a number of track and cross country meets, road race events, as well as hosts high school team nights before the start of each Track & Field and Cross Country season.
Don’t forget to sign up for a Team Night to kick off your upcoming cross country and track seasons. The Team Night Program is designed to give coaches, athletes and parents a great discount on shoes, spikes, and apparel, but also provide a great bonding experience at the beginning of the season. Team Nights include:
- Exclusive, after-hours access to the store of your choice
- Special discounts and giveaways for the athletes and coaches
- A brief clinic on choosing the right equipment
- Free video gait analysis and foot scan
- Discounts extended to parents and siblings
Please contact email@example.com to reserve your night. Can’t find a good night, or attend a school that’s a bit far away? Our =PR= Fit Van can come to your school or event and offer fitting and sales right at your site.
=PR= Team Clinics/Information Sessions
At no cost to you or the school, we will put on a short clinic outlining the basics of the shoe fitting process and how it relates to staying healthy. We are very flexible and can conduct these sessions before or after practice as well as at parent information sessions. Along with the clinic, we will provide handouts summarizing the key principles of proper shoe fit and injury prevention. We are happy to tailor presentations and handouts to cover any specific issues coaches want to address.
Our sister company, =PR= Team Sales, was formed to provide great service to area schools, clubs and corporations. =PR= Team Sales can provide extremely competitive pricing on team uniforms, warm-ups, and spirit gear from top-quality brands including Adidas, Asics, Brooks, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, Saucony, and Under Armour. =PR= Team Sales can handle screening, embroidery, ordering, and distribution to delver a seamless, hassle-free experience.
For additional details on the ordering process and to view our online catalogs, please visit our PR Team Sales website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information or questions.
=PR= Youth Track
Introduce your younger child to Track & Field and/or help your older child improve his/her event specific skills. This low-key, fun program includes sprinting and distance running, jumping, and more. Athletes will learn a routine of proper warm-up, drills, and stretching, and be exposed to some of the more specific, technical aspects of certain events (starts, form, etc.)
Pending track availability, the 8-week program is typically offered in the spring, summer, and fall. It is appropriate for youth from grades K-8 (ages 5-14) as well as high school athletes seeking additional help in the off-season/over the summer. Various “time trials”/mini meets will be part of the weekly program.
For all Youth Track program details, including upcoming sessions and registration, visit the Youth Track section of the =PR= Training Programs website at www.prtrainingprograms.com.
=PR= Youth Track Team
For older runners (age 9-17) seeking a more serious training regimen and racing opportunities, the Youth Track Team is a new option. The program will run for at least 16 scheduled practices. Team members will also attend 2-3 local meets, for which registration is included in the team fee. The session culminates in USATF champs/Junior Olympics/AAU champs.
The Team program sessions last 90 minutes and include more event specific coaching as well as some advice on training routines for other days of the week. The group is typically fairly small, enabling more athlete-specific attention than the standard Youth Track program. If you are seeking an Introduction to Track & Field or a program for younger children, consider the Youth Track Program. For all Youth Track Team program details, including upcoming sessions and registration, please visit the Youth Track Team section of the www.prtrainingprograms.com website.
High School Cross Country Summer Camp
Need some help training during the summer? Summer training camp is a great way to stay motivated, meet new runners, and learn about important concepts in training! Join us at =PR= Capon Ridge Running Camp and let us help you get ready for the start of Cross Country.
Capon Ridge Running Camp (which takes place for 1 week in mid-July) is designed to give cross country athletes (ages 13-18) an opportunity to run in a beautiful setting while meeting other cross country runners, learn from an experienced staff, and have a great social and running experience to be remembered. The Camp includes daytime running and running-related training, social activities, and seminars.