Your sneakers aren’t the only thing that offers support on your run, ladies we are talking to you!
Simple Steps to Finding the Right Run Bra
Shopping for sports bras is almost as painful as trying on jeans. But with a few simple steps, you will be on your way to finding the perfect bra for you next run, walk, or everyday use. Try these simple steps and if you need help, stop by and let our team of bra-fit experts help. Our team is simply the breast (pun intended!)
- Get a measuring tape. We have them available in the store as well.
- Measure your rib cage where the bottom band would sit. The measuring tape should be snug. Round down to the nearest inch if you are not spot on. Use the chart below to find the size.
3. Find your cup size. Measure around the fullest part of your breast. Then subtract your rib cage measurement. The difference in inches is your suggested cup size. Round up.
|Bust Size||Cup Size|
Now that you have the correct size, what should you look for in a sports bra?
Things to Look for in a Run Bra
Let’s face it, we all have a collection of bras for different parts of the day, occasions, or special moments but there are few key factors you should consider when shopping for a sports bra. Whether you are shopping in person, planning to try them on, or shopping online, here is what you should consider when selecting the perfect bra for your pair.
*Fitted but not uncomfortable. A sports bra should fit tight but not restrict your breathing and movement. You should be able to fit two fingers between the straps and your shoulders.
*Coverage. Look for any spillage and wrinkles. Is anything hanging out? Are there lots of wrinkles on the fabric? Both can indicate that you are not in the right size bra. Spillage indicates too small and wrinkles or gaps indicate too big.
*Ouch, pinching of skin. If you are trying the bra on, is there any pinching or digging of skin near the straps or band?
*The bells and whistles. Color, pockets, strappy, stylin, we get it. Sometimes you just want to add a little fun to your sports bra especially when it’s warm outside and you can rock it with a tank or just wear it as is! Find one that suits your style!
After you have made your selection, celeBRAte! But remember this is not a lifetime invest… bras don’t last forever.
When It Is Time to Replace Your Run Bra?
You are not the only one that celebrates a birthday. Sports bras should be replaced yearly in order to provide the best support. The key is to look for signs of wearing. Here are a few key indicators it’s time to give the girls a lift and treat yourself to a new bra:
- The bra looks worn and the elastic is not as secure as it once was.
- The straps don’t stay in place or are sliding.
- You are experiencing chafing around the band or underarms.
- That once white bra is not so bright anymore.
- The girls are dragging on your run or walk.
If you are shaking your head to one or many of the indicators above then it’s time to replace your bra!
Not sure when you purchased your last bra or want to find the model you love? Just give our stores a call and we can look into it for you! If you need another reason to replace your bras, just remember anytime you purchase a pair of sneakers from Potomac River Running you receive $5 off a sports bra! Double the support and a double win for you!
So now that you have all the information you need about run bras, go on and put your BREAST foot forward!